FRS Recruitment are seeking an experienced Yard Supervisor for a reputable Builders Merchant in North Dublin. This is a full time, permanent role with an attractive/competitive package on offer to successful candidate.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, The Yard Supervisor will be responsible for the efficient running of the yard in terms of manpower, profitability as well as delivering an excellent service to customers.
Benefits: 21 days annual leave increasing with extended service, pension contribution of up to 5% after 6 months service, healthcare discount, staff discount, access to share scheme after two years' service, access to continuous training and development.
Required experience and responsibilities:
Previous Foreperson experience desirable
* Health & Safety Awareness
* Knowledge of all building products
* Previous experience of working in a busy builders providers
* Ensure the secure, efficient, safe, tidy and smooth operation of the yard, store & delivery areas of the branch
* Ensure that our customers receive the highest standard of customer service
* Organisation of deliveries and collections for both retail and trade customers
* Responsible for the Health & Safety within the yard, ensuring quality standards are consistently kept to the highest level
* Responsible for the delegation of housekeeping in the yard and surrounding areas.
* Maintaining and monitoring stock levels
* Ensuring safe loading/unloading of customer or suppliers vehicles in line with Health and Safety policy
* Hands on approach to delegation and supervision of employees in an efficient and effective manner
* Ensuring all staff training is current and up to date
* Consistently striving to reduce and improve all aspects of the yards costing, including hacker's costs as well as overtime costs etc.
* Computer Skills (Microsoft Office)
* Problem Solving/Logical thought process
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Effective team working and networking skills
* Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* The flexibility and willingness to learn
* Dynamic, motivated & driven to achieve targets