Workshop Foreman (Mechanic - Middle East)
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Workshop Foreman / Farm Maintenance Manager for a large farm operation in Saudi Arabia. This is a full time permanent role.
Are you looking for a career move for 2021 that offers excellent terms and conditions ? If so this may be the role for you. You will have responsibility and autonomy for scheduling maintenance for 6 farms which are located in close proximity but in remote locations.
The Workshop Foreman will work closely with farm workshop staff and demonstrate areas of improvement that can reduce costs / improve performance and reduce downtime on equipment. This will be a hands on role where you will work with a multicultural workforce with a varying degree of ability.
The Workshop Foreman will work side by side with the workshop team and transfer knowledge to them and help to improve their skills & ensure that the farm staff keep updated service records at all times.
Please note the ideal candidate for this role will be proficient in reading electrical and hydraulic drawings as you will be the contact for all mechanics when a breakdown arises.
To plan and organize assigned farm mechanical maintenance staff so that the broad range of agricultural, industrial and animal feeding machinery and equipment is serviced, maintained and operated in accordance with company procedure. Train staff in order to ensure that competent and sufficient numbers of maintenance staff are available for the assigned farm sites.
Duties to include
- To ensure that all maintenance staff are organised, trained and carry out all maintenance in accordance with all company Maintenance and Safety procedures for all farm agricultural, industrial and animal feeding machinery and equipment.
- To ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe manner and in accordance with company policy and standards.
- To ensure all workshop buildings and surrounding areas, tools, lifting equipment and electrical equipment are in a clean and safe working condition.
- To minimize the level of unplanned stoppages of machinery and reduce production losses due to machinery or equipment downtime
- To oversee routine and preventative maintenance of all agricultural, industrial and animal feeding machinery and equipment within the Division.
- To monitor and assess the performance of all maintenance staff in conjunction with the Farming and Maintenance Manager and recommend training as require
- Liaise with suppliers to arrange warranty repairs
- Report issues that affect the reliability and running costs of equipment .
- Arrange OEM training and access to required manuals for farm workshop staff
- Update company manuals that are used for maintaining and servicing farm machinery. Ensure that workshop staff are following company manuals for servicing at all times.
- Identify parts that should be kept in the workshop central store that are necessary to keep equipment running. Ensure that the workshop store does not carry obsolete stock
- Navigate different manufacturers parts manuals / systems
- Arrange quotations from suppliers for the repair of farm equipment
- Excellent communicator with good influencing and person management skills.
- A sound knowledge of troubleshooting and diagnostic fault finding.
- A sound experience with all types of agricultural and mechanical machinery.
- High degree of confidence and or decision making capability..
- Focused under pressure, self-motivated, assertive, confident, fair, and open-minded
- Strong IT skills
- 5 years year's + experience in a workshop or service centre environment
- Experience in managing a large scale maintenance
- Experience with maintenance of large scale agricultural and industrial equipment, and petrol and diesel engine Vehicles
- Fully operational in the use of structured maintenance systems with a particular emphasis on a planned approach to preventive maintenance and recording and analysing data
- Qualified mechanic or related engineering degree
Tax free salary of 47-50k ( Euros )
97 days annual leave a year. You will get 5-6 free flights per year to and from Saudi Arabia
Free accommodation ( I bedroom apartment & tv ) & free meals
Access to local GAA & Hurling clubs and gym membership
please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to john on 087 9955439