FRS Recruitment are inviting applications for the role of HGV WORKSHOP FOREMAN on behalf of a reputable company based in Dublin. This is an exciting career opportunity, a permanent role with a competitive salary on offer to successful candidate. The Workshop Foreman reports to the Service Manager and plays an integral part in the delivery of the full servicing offering to Short & Long-Term Customers. The Workshop Foreman/Controller is a team player and although is not necessarily customer facing, at all times keeps the customer at the front of their priorities.
The Workshop Foreman is responsible for the following:
- To control and manage workshop - supervising the HGV Mechanics and Apprentice HGV Mechanics.
- To schedule and issue repair and service work taking into consideration deadlines and technicians' skill levels.
- To ensure staff are trained to enable high levels of quality and efficiency, and to coach and develop staff's skills.
- To undertake quality control checks.
- To ensure all warranty work is sent to main dealers and returnable components are accounted for..
- To communicate with the office-based Service Team.
- To achieve agreed performance targets.
- To professionally manage and train the technicians, provide leadership and promote an environment in which high productivity is encouraged and achieved.
- To ensure high standards of housekeeping and compliance with Health and Safety procedures.
- To pro-actively contribute to departmental and inter-departmental team work and to be supportive of the overall company mission and related initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Qualified HGV Mechanic.
- Ideally experience as a workshop foreman/ Supervisor/ Team Leader.
- Experience with CDK and Workshop loading is an advantage.
- Class B driving licence minimum - Ideally class C licence but not essential
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail.