Warehouse Manager - Retail
Stores Manager - Retail - Dublin West
We are currently recruiting for a Stores Warehouse Supervisor to join the team at a West Dublin retail unit to ensure a smooth process from order to receipt of product by the customer. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the successful candidate and their team will take full ownership of the flow of goods from suppliers, goods inwards, storage, order capture, pick, dispatch & delivery to customer and the correct recording of these inventory movements on EPOS system.
3 Years+ Previous experience of operating and managing Customer Supply & Warehouse Operations within the Retail sector, ideally sports equipment business.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with responsibility for operational planning, implementation and people management, along with the practical hands-on element of a busy Warehouse / Stores role for a busy retail unit.
Full responsibility for
- Demand planning, Supply, and Warehousing for a busy retail unit.
- Manage relationships, communications and service levels both internally and externally
- Establish, maintain and improve business practices and procedures to deliver exceptional customer service. This will involve:
- Managing pre-sales and negative stocks
- Managing open orders & requisitions
- Managing stocks in & out of warehouse - having appropriate locations to keep goods not yet checked in or ready for dispatch etc (incl checks on accuracy of goods to be dispatched)
- Introduce a methodology for correct stock levels and for ordering goods to the branch, from suppliers or other branches to ensure customer requirements are correctly catered for
- Develop & manage system to ensure correct stocks are ordered, assembled, transferred and shop shelves stacked each day, (in due course, a combination of Auto Replenishment & System Supported Ordering will apply here).
- Manage returns to suppliers & associated documentation and follow ups if required
- Cycle counting (in conjunction with Inventory Manager) & shop re-stocking
- Manage waste collection & disposal
- Strategically help plan and manage the logistics, warehousing & transportation services
- Introduce and maintain process improvements.
- Build and develop cross functional relationships to improve future forecasting accuracy, maintain correct level of stock holding & customer service levels and improve supplier performance.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, and security for the branch.
- Work closely with Branch Manager in order to identify and execute plan to delist slow moving items.
- Support the process for the procurement of relevant products in line with the business requirements to meet the needs of the business in terms of volumes, on- time delivery and quality of operations.
- Develop and lead the warehousing team to achieve best in class service.
- Implement and promote best practice safety work practices within the branch and maintain high level of housekeeping in warehouse and surrounding area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 Years+ Previous experience of operating and managing Customer Supply & Warehouse Operations within the Retail sector, ideally sports equipment business.
- Third level or higher qualification in Business Administration, or related discipline.
- In depth knowledge of materials management and operations & planning management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
- Strong business acumen and commercially aware with robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working with appropriate computerised logistics management / EPOS systems.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Be personable and have the ability to build strong, lasting relationships both internally within the business and externally with customers and suppliers
- Customer focused with previous experience of delivering best in class customer service levels.
- Proven track record in managing stock levels from multiple suppliers from different continents and ensuring accurate stock holding to meet demand.
For more information, please apply today.
Retail Stores Operations Manager, Stores Manager, Retail Manager, Manager, Warehouse Manager, Warehouse, Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, Sports, Golf, Dublin