Retail Warehouse Manager - Dublin
We are currently recruiting for a Retail Warehouse Manager (Clothing Business) to join the team in Dublin to ensure a smooth process from order to receipt of product by the customer. The successful candidate and their team will take full ownership of the flow of goods from suppliers, through demand planning and order placement, goods inwards, storage, order capture, pick, dispatch and delivery to customer and the correct recording of these inventory movements on the computer system.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast paced environment with responsibility for operational planning, implementation and people management, along with the practical hands-on element of a busy Warehouse / Stores role for a busy retail company, based in Dublin.
- Demand planning, Supply, and Warehousing for a busy retail unit.
- Manage relationships, communications and service levels both internally and externally
- Establish, maintain and improve business practices and procedures to deliver exceptional customer service. This will involve:
- Managing pre-sales and negative stocks
- Managing open orders & requisitions
- Managing stocks in and out of warehouse - having appropriate locations to keep goods not yet checked in or ready for dispatch etc (incl checks on accuracy of goods to be dispatched)
- Manage returns to suppliers & associated documentation and follow ups if required
- Introduce a methodology for correct stock levels and for ordering goods to the branch, from suppliers or other branches to ensure customer requirements are correctly catered for.
- Develop & manage system to ensure correct stocks are ordered, assembled, transferred and shop shelves stacked each day
- Manage waste collection & disposal
- Strategically help plan and manage the logistics, warehousing and transportation services
- Introduce and maintain process improvements.
- Build and develop cross functional relationships to improve future forecasting accuracy, maintain correct level of stock holding & customer service levels and improve supplier performance.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, and security for the branch.
- Develop and lead the warehousing team to achieve best in class service.
- Implement and promote best practice safety work practices within the branch and maintain high level of housekeeping in warehouse and surrounding area.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 Years+ experience of operating and managing Customer Supply and Warehouse Operations within the Retail sector, ideally the clothing business.
- Knowledge and experience of working with appropriate computerised logistics management
- Customer focused with previous experience of delivering best in class customer service levels.
- In depth knowledge of materials management and operations & planning management.
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others at all levels in the organisation and a proven working relationship with people.
- A positive and flexible attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion.
- Be personable and have the ability to build strong, lasting relationships both internally within the business and externally with customers and suppliers
- Proven track record in managing stock levels from multiple suppliers from different continents and ensuring accurate stock holding to meet demand.