Volunteer Support Officer
Our client is a trusted Charity, who provide direct, front line services to people aged 60 and over, through support coordination, support and befriending, housing with support, and the application of assisted technology. With more than 3,000 volunteers across the country, they are now seeking to hire a Volunteer Support Officer to support ac
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join one of the most important charities in Ireland in a period when the need for our services has never been greater. By participating, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to positively influence the lives of many older people in Ireland.
The Volunteer Support Officer will be responsible for recruiting, training, supporting and developing Volunteers in their Befriending and Support role.
- You need a full drivers license and car for this role.
- This role is 35 hours per week
- This is a 2 year fixed term contract.
- Core hours are generally Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 but you may be required to work outside of those hours i.e. evenings or weekends on occasion to meet the needs of the service.
- Regular travel and remote working is required with this role with adaptable working arrangements available to facilitate this flexibility.
- Promote Support services throughout the community.
- Recruit, train, reference check and Garda vet all new volunteers.
- Work with teams to ensure that all newly trained and vetted volunteers begin activities within the specified time frame.
- Support and maintain good communications with volunteers.
- Be the first point of contact for volunteers when issues arise.
- Develop and implement programmes that promote the continuous improvement and engagement of volunteers.
- Assist with identifying local activities / events that both older persons and their volunteers can participate in.
- Develop local volunteer leadership programme and collaborate with Volunteer Leaders to coordinate and deliver social events in your region.
Essential skills & experience
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to resolve problems is essential.
- A full clean driver's license and access to a car is essential.
- Previous experience in recruitment, training and engagement of staff or volunteers is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience of delivering presentations to large audiences.
- Proficient in an IT-rich environment such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM.
Previous experience of organising and running events is desirable