Vessel Design Engineer
Vessel Design Engineer
Role Location: Co Meath
Role Type: Permanent
Work under the direction of the Design Team Leader and also utilize independent judgement to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables (Including detail & assembly drawings and related bills-of material) used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Primarily pressure vessel assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems). Primary responsibility involves generating design plans utilizing Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software. This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with the ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME/ BPE Bioprocessing Equipment design standards.
The Vessel Designer is responsible for execution of all project related requirements including but not limited to the following:
- Ability to work in a professional team-based office environment and meet date-driven customer-focused commitments.
- Review and comprehend customer generated specifications and requirements.
- Create / maintain design documents with technical support from project engineering and project management, as needed.
- Create / maintain component BOM documentation with support from project engineering and project management, as needed.
- Create / maintain drawings per customer specifications consisting of however not limited to; 3D models, detail drawings, and bill of materials.
- Create and maintain project files using departmental resources and best practices.
- Provide manufacturing support related to published designs and released design documentation as required.
- Generate "as-built" design documentation using provided input from operations and provide them to the Quality department as needed.
- Travel to customer job sites as required.
- Other work as assigned to support projects and / or customer expectations.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design and Drafting or equivalent
- 1 year post graduate in drafting and design
- Knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards, design fundamentals, and related fabrication processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Domestic and international travel is required.
- Other work as assigned to support projects and / or customer expectations as needed
Other Preferred Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to carry a project from conception to production.
- Prior experience using Autodesk Inventor
- Prior experience using Autodesk AutoCAD 2D/3D.
- Experience with ERP software for item and bill-of-material creation; Syteline preferred.
- Experience with ASME /BPE Bioprocessing Equipment standards.