Transport Manager- Sligo
My Client, a leading Agricultural Distribution Group based in Co. Sligo, is looking for a Transport Manager to join their busy and growing organisation.
My client is a long established Agricultural Distribution company based in Co. Sligo and they are looking for a Transport manager who will manage all of the Logistics and Distribution activities for the company. This will require a candidate who has experience overseeing the management of a large fleet of vehicles, working with a variety of contractors and overseeing daily logistics duties.
Positions do not come up very often with this company and they offer a great salary and benefits with room for progression.
- Manage the distribution and logistics process for the company throughout Ireland
- Proactively oversee contractor relationships in order to achieve and exceed financial, logistical and customer delivery targets
- Managing the transport teams, ensuring all training is completed, all heath and safety regulations being met, any development opportunities provided.
- Analyse the logistics and transport situations in order to identify where efficiencies can be introduced and collaborate with other departments in the organisations to ensure targets are being met in regards to budgets and customer delivery time frames
- Ensure Full compliance in regards to all health and safety requirements, particularly all RSA regulations and requirements in all aspects of Transport and Logistics
- Manage fleet administration/contractual processes in support of SLAs, Agreements and associated costs
- Monitor KPI's in order to develop and maintain continuous improvement culture while reviewing and measuring logistics processes to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Liaise between various departments to ensure that customer delivery timeframes are met within company KPI's
- Previous experience in a Transport Management role
- Third level education in a related field (Transport management, Supply Chain, etc)
- Strong IT skills including experience with ERP systems
- Ability to work in a fact paced pressurised environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
If you feel that you fit the above requirements, please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries, please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.