Transport Coordinator- Limerick
My client, a long established Distribution and Logistics Organization, based just outside of Limerick City is in need of a Transport Coordinator to join their busy and growing organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Transport and Logistics Coordinator to join a well established organisation and utilise their skillsets and grow their career experience.
The Transport Coordinator role is a fast paced role that is suitable for a highly organised person with strong systems skills and a logical mindset.
The role requirements are as follows:
- The coordination and control of the deliveries for clients as needed for the PO's
- Plan and assign loads for drivers (including route and journey time planning) ensuring all drivers are given all necessary information and keeping all RSA regulations in mind whilst route planning
- Communicate with drivers and build strong working relationships
- Ensuring that all customer order and delivery documentation is accurate and up to date on the system
- Management of export procedures and documentation
- Monitor orders that could potentially fall out of the delivery time frame and update customers as necessary
- Assist with scheduling of transporters for repairs as needed- ensuring this is reflected in the route and delivery planning
- Liaise with shipping agents to ensure shipments are delivered on time and updating customer of the same
- Carry out any other functions as required of the role as needed.
The desirable Transport Coordinator will fulfil the following requirements:
- Previous experience in a similar Transport or Logistics role
- Strong IT systems experience- having previously used an ERP system (such as SAP) is a must
- The ability to multitask
- Strong team working ability
- Good communication skills
- Can work on own initiative
If you feel that you fulfil the above requirements please apply today with you CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.