A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Tooling Engineer to join an expanding manufacturing facility in Waterford.
What is in it for you?
- Days role, flexible working hours & early finish on a Friday!
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and advancement.
- Attractive salary and benefits package on offer
- Friendly, inclusive and collaborative working environment. Teamwork, new ideas and ''thinking outside the box'' is very much encouraged
- Family feel culture but has the support of a larger global organisation
Responsibilities: (A Snapshot…)
- Project manage optimisation, maintenance & overhaul projects on existing tool portfolio (prototype single cavity & production multi-cavity tools)
- Apply systematic root cause problem solving involving all stakeholders (including key support department team members & tooling/equipment vendors) to meet customer delivery & product quality objectives in the most cost-effective manner
- Lead the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability on tools
- Work with Device Development Services (DDS) & New programme personnel to support the introduction of new tools to site for new products to ensure high levels of process reliability post PQ.
- Lead the injection moulding tooling technical function for both internal project teams and client teams and manage new injection mould tool introduction to the Operations team.
- Mechanical Engineering degree, qualified Toolmaker or relevant experience as a Tooling Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of multi cavity injection mould tools and hot runner systems.
- 5+ years tool development experience, preferably in medical devices
- Strong tooling and product design skills, with a working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD
- Knowledge of resin materials and processing techniques for tool building and polymer processing
- Experience in rapid prototyping techniques and their application
Click Apply now to review the full details and job spec for this amazing opportunity.