Theatre Nurses- HSE
The post holder must hold the following to fulfil the requirements of this post:
- Be a registered general nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI).
- Have at least 1 year of post-registration theatre experience.
- Holding a relevant theatre qualification is desirable.
- Garda Vetting
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the delivery of the highest possible standard of care to all patients.
- Act as a preceptor to preregistration students, mentor new clinical staff and new non-clinical staff. Support and guide all colleagues when needed.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and interpersonal relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure a good team spirit and collaborative working practices.
- Support the unit manager by meeting agreed responsibilities as set out by the theatre manager or the director of nursing at any time.
- Identify and discuss nursing and patient needs with consultants, nursing team, multi-disciplinary team, patients, and carers.
- Ensure that the highest possible standards of patient care and patient safety are maintained at all times.
- Have an understanding of the principles and workings of pre-assessment.
- Maintain high standards of communication, both written and verbal, at all times.
- Have a working knowledge of all NMBI publications to include the scope of practice framework and code of professional misconduct.
- Maintain own professional registration and submit to the HR department for verification yearly.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the following and always practice within the guidelines and policies written at both unit and hospital level:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic team in a prestigious hospital. For further information on this exciting position, please contact Poppy Smullen in FRS Recruitment on psmullen(at)frsrecruitment.com