Test Engineer - Automation
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop test automation scripts within a test framework.
- Familiar with multiple test frameworks
- Create and execute functional test strategies and plans for cross-platform apps.
- Implement regression/cross-platform test suites for UI applications and CLI tools.
- Integrate test suites / framework into continuous integration build system.
- Liaise with development team, product architects, certification group within Xperi to ensure products are tested to the highest standards.
- Review technical documentation and correspondence.
- Help define test automation strategy for product suite.
- BSc in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study required.
- Over 3+ years experience in software quality assurance and test automation.
- Demonstrable scripting skills in shell, bash, python or equivalent
- Experience with at least two of Windows, Linux, Mac, and mobile environments.
Additional Experience which is advantageous
- Experience in GUI test automation desirable (Squish, SikuliX)
- Experience of setting up and testing virtualised environments, Docker containers etc.
- Familiarity with distributed source control management (Git, Mercurial etc.)
- Experience of Jenkins continuous integration build, issue trackers (Jira, etc.) etc.
- Familiarity with video / audio testing hardware software and devices.
- Android and iOS experience an advantage.
- Experience of using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Software lifecycle and release management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to proof and edit
- Strong teamwork and project skills, ensuring open communication channels across distributed engineering and business teams
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work with little supervision