Test Automation Engineer
Great new opportunity for an Automation Engineer to join an expanding IT team. The ideal candidate will be a key contributor in the automation & manual QA team, bringing new and innovative ideas to the company's growing automation portfolio.This is an exciting time to join this organisation as there is huge change and growth happening.
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your programming skills by developing REST API's for internal services using industry standard solutions such as Hibernate, Spring MVC, Jersey and get direct experience with SQL and noSQL database technologies.
- Creation of automated frameworks and tests while maintaining existing frameworks
- Working with development teams and manual QA teams to identify and plug any automation gaps
- Working within development teams to integrate automated tests with end/to/end build (CI) environments
- Recommend solutions to technical issues and participate in architecting solutions
- Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness
- Mentor existing and new automation engineers on best practices
- Develop fellow automation engineer's skill sets by utilising new technologies and patterns
- Proactively seek ways to incorporate new / creative ideals and methodologies in testing efforts by keeping abreast of current methodologies, technologies and tools.
- Review software requirements documentation
- Be accountable for quality and schedule of own deliverables
- Effectively prioritise & manage tasks
- 3+ years relevant experience working in a QA Automation role
- BSc in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- In-depth knowledge of Java, Groovy, Scala or other Object Orientated Programming languages
- In-depth exposure to mobile web and app testing
- In-depth exposure to REST API's
- Solid experience automating web UI tests using tools like Selenium/WebDriver etc
- Solid experience automating web services / REST API's
- Solid working knowledge of JSON and XML
- Solid / demonstrable experience with MySQL or other database technology
- Hands on experience with Hibernate or other ORM
- Knowledge and understanding of Web UI structure and development
- Experience in using source control tools such as GIT, Stash, Perforce, SVN
- Solid understanding and experience in manual testing
- Experience in working in a Agile development environment Strong written and verbal communication skills
Salary / Remuneration
€40,000 - 60,000 + full benefits package
For more information, contact Deirdre O'Callaghan confidentially
I specialise in recruiting for Software Testers/QA Engineers of all levels, if you wish to discuss this or other Testing opportunities, please feel free to contact me.