Telephone Triage Nurse_Remote Hybrid
Our client, a clinical out of hours service provider in Munster, is recruiting for Blended/Hybrid - Telephone Triage Nurse positions.
You will play a key role in the delivery of a nurse lead Telephone Triage service to the population of Limerick, Clare and Tipperary. The Telephone Triage Nurse will be the first point of professional medical contact for the service users and will provide Telephone Triage and nurse consultation, and aspire to complete the care process for their patients in a manner as deemed appropriate within co-operative protocols and guidelines.
Working hours / Shifts: Evenings, Nights, Weekends and Bank Holidays; 4-8 hours shifts; Shifts will vary: evenings from 5.30pm - 12.00am; night shift (12am-8/9am) or day / night shifts
Reporting to: Clinical Nurse Coordinator.
Sector: Community Clinical Service provider
Location: Work from home combined with one weekend day a month in Limerick.
Salary: €21-22/h (premium for dual qualified), 100% premiums for Sunday + BH
TRAINING: You would need to be flexible to attend on site (Limerick) training during the initial 6 weeks period of employment. Training is paid.
- Third level Nursing Qualifications in General Nursing (RGN)
- Active NMBI Registration
- A minimum of 5 years post registration experience
- You have relevant professional experience
- Good interpersonal skills with a capacity to work as a team member, take directions and show leadership skills when required
- A proven capacity to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- Excellent communicator with the capacity to develop a rapport with callers / patients
- Experienced listener with an aptitude to decipher and transfer information in both verbal and written format
- Intermediate level computer skills and typing skills
- Flexible when it come to attendance on duty
- Preferably you should have some previous Service development experience
- To be the first line of support to patients and callers and ensure that all service users are treated with respect and dignity in a professional manner.
- Provide Nurse Telephone Triage and nurse consultation in accordance with the Telephone Triage nurse protocols, policies and guidelines validated by the organisation.
- Ensuring all calls are assessed on an case by case presentation, prioritised and triaged appropriately (Ensuring that best practice is adhered to and evidence based care advice is recommended in a timely fashion).
- An ability to handle emergency calls, patients and callers.
- Maintain accurate nurse triage records of all your patient /user consultations, furthermore ensure they are documented on the computerised systems utilised by the organisation to record patient's notes accurately as outlined by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Utilise acceptable abbreviations as agreed under the organisation's recommended list.
- Maintain the organisation's strict code of confidentiality in all dealings as governed the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland.
- Adhere to the organisation's ethos of flexibility and co-operation and to behave in a respectful and pleasant manner to colleagues at all times in the working environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you can apply through this website or call Prachiti on 0861368498.