Our client installs, services and maintains wind turbines nationwide and throughout Europe.
They are seeking to employ a Wind Turbine Technical Writer to assist in compiling and publishing technical documents in the wind turbine industry. The successful for this position must have an in-dept knowledge of Wind Turbines.
As a Wind Turbine Technical Writer will have strong communication skills, which will enable you to critically evaluate, restructure and explain information. Reporting to the Electrical Manager, the role will require some travel throughout the UK and Ireland as required. The position can be office based or work for home (90% of the time)
Main responsibilities and expectations:
- Create, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance, method statement and other technical documents related to wind turbine systems and processes.
- Compilation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (AWP's) and other technical work packages.
- The upkeep of logs & records relating to document revisions & amendments.
- Carry out custodian duties for authorisation lists & technical document libraries.
- Evaluate & appraise source technical information & convert into specific document formats.
- To ensure & maintain an excellent working relationship, close communication & sharing of information with other employees.
- Take a pro-active approach to ensure that technical understanding is undiminished with time and to complete & suggest training & development opportunities where necessary / required.
- To maintain project timelines and work to assigned schedule.
Qualifications and Profile:
- You will have an Electrical qualification or a Wind Turbine qualification
Experience of the production of technical information in accordance with standards and specifications relevant to the project or customer requirements.
- Experience of Turbine electrical systems would be beneficial
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Packages.
If you have knowledge of the Wind Turbine industry, have the ability to write technical documents, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply through the link provided or call 066-7143995