Currently seekina a hands-on Documentation Engineer/Technical Writer who will be involved in the development, continuous improvement, and management of the company documentation throughout its lifecycle, primarily across the Oxygen Division but also beyond.
You will be responsible for the quality, accuracy, and discoverability of the technical internal and sales documentation.
These include (but are not limited to) datasheets, manuals, and product brochures as well as product and technology pages on our website.
These are controlled documents, and the Documentation Engineer has a key role in ensuring PST can offer up-to-date versions and comply with requirements to supply translated manuals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create (design, write, edit, and typeset) and maintain well-structured, clear and concise internal and external documentation for products and technologies manufactured by us.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management, support teams and other subject matter experts to ensure the quality, and accuracy of the content you create and develop.
- Ensure the library of controlled documents is up to date. Record and manage changes to the literature, following the version control process.
- Co-ordinate the translation of documents or document updates with PST subsidiaries or external agencies.
- Typeset translations of documentation.
- Co-ordinate the publication of documents on-line and in print where required.
- Assist in producing product drawings for literature.
- Provide other support to the Marketing Department as required.
- Support the documentation of business processes and workflows when necessary.
Skills and Requirements:
- Highly organised and methodical
- Strong desire to self-learn and pick up new knowledge and skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- A technical background or education to understand technical data from engineering teams
- Ability to analyse technical information and explain it logically and in a structured manner suitable for understanding by the targeted audience
- A high standard of written and spoken English plus the ability to quickly pick up technical language
- IT literate - good understanding of MS Office and DTP packages, and able to quickly get to grips with new software packages
- A good eye for design and document layout
- Interest in science or engineering
- Experience in proofreading and editing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or science discipline, technical writing is preferred but not essential, HNC /HND with experience
- 2+ years' experience in writing, technical documentation, or technical outreach developer for technical audiences.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.