Technical Team Lead
Technical Team Lead Job Description
Are you an adaptable dynamic professional with strong leadership skills? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
I am seeking a technical Team lead with a client who is revolutionising tax management for businesses selling online across the globe.
My client is seeking a highly skilled and highly motivated Technical Team Lead with software development experience to join our team. As the Technical Team Lead you will be responsible for overseeing a team of technical personnel, including hiring, training, distribution of work tasks and ensuring timely delivery of technical tasks by the dev engineers. You will anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, balance business needs versus technical constraints. You will report to the CTO.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contribute technical expertise to product development.
- Coordinate the development of new technologies with dev engineers.
- Liaise with the Product team to scope the tech effort required for new products and features to help with prioritization and sprint planning.
- Hire and train technical personnel.
- Distribute the work items to the dev engineers and ensure timely completion of tasks in line with release/sprint cycles.
- Ensure timely delivery of technical tasks by the dev engineers.
- Collaborating with their team to identify and fix technical problems
- Evaluating product performance metrics and facilitating adjustments.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Keeping up with advancements in product technologies.
- Supervising system modifications
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate empathy, courtesy, professionalism and trustworthiness in customer interactions (be they internal or external).
- Ability to demonstrate strong active listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and meet commitments with a constant focus on improvement.
- Being proactive rather than reactive for possible issues or challenges, working through solutions and communicating the severity and path to resolution.
- Operationally savvy, with an ability to identify and eliminate process friction while continuing to build scalable processes.
- Quick at prioritizing and responding to fluctuating, high-impact, urgent requests from multiple channels including Slack, video conference, email, in-person, etc.
- Previous experience working in a tax company and/or environment or similar is a distinct advantage.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Technology Management, Business Management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical team leadership, preferably in a related industry.
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership.
- Extensive experience in software product engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages and coding in Java, Python, Scala, Clojure or Ruby.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Location: Remote working.
If you are interested in this role then please email me at with your CV and we can arrange a call.