Technical Manager ( Ruminant Nutrition )
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager ( Nutritionist ) on behalf of an established agribusiness. This is a full time permanent role.
The successful candidate will support and grow sales, continue to develop product range and support the Farm Commercial Specialist and wider Agribusiness teams in delivering expert technical advice to beef, dairy and sheep customers.
This role is a full-time permanent role based from Co. Roscommon and represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to progress and develop within one of Ireland's leading agribusiness's.
- Oversee nutritional formulations and product specifications for the Animal Feed Mill
- Implementation of best practice ensuring compliance to feed safety and quality control standards
- Responsible for assessing the relative nutritional values of various feeds, forages and supporting our Farm Commercial Specialist and Agribusiness team in providing the best technical expertise to our customer base
- Provide on farm technical support to formulate diets that meet customer's requirements/objectives
- Spearhead the continuous training and technical development of our Farm Commercial Specialist team and Homeland Store teams
- Drive brand development through new product development and marketing
- Key member of the animal feed raw material procurement team
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Monitor the evolution of farming developments, environmental and industry standard and make recommendations for change to ensure the Mill remains relevant and competitive.
- Degree qualification in Animal Nutrition - Master's or PhD preferable, but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Have a strong commercial attitude, motivated by results and capable of working independently to achieve results
- Natural networking, strategic planning, prioritising, leadership, financial and resource management skills
- Genuine team player that proactively shares knowledge and experience to contribute to the development of the team.
Salary , bonus and company car and other benefits
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John in confidence on 087 9955439