Technical Buyer- Cork
I am delighted to be assisting my client, a multinational food company in Cork City in their search for a Technical Buyer for their growing facility.
The Technical Buyer job offers an excellent salary and benefits package including pension, healthcare, very generous bonus, life assurance, educational assistance, 23 days' annual leave, subsidised canteen & a free company doctor for you and your family!
You will have the opportunity to progress your career in a blue chip multinational company who have facilities all over the world but who have also managed to maintain a lovely SME feel at their Cork plant where you are not just 'another number'. My client does a really good job on employee retention and engagement and typically people tend to stay here a long time once they have secured a job.
In this job you will be responsible for a number of duties including but not limited to:
- Provide support with the technical components in the yearly budget process, ensuring all figures are correct related to purchases under his/her competence,
- All purchasing activities performed in a timely manner, maximizing quality and service level, as well as optimizing costs.
- Applies and implements purchasing policies, vendor management and developing policies to reach the best possible results, according to Group requirements in terms of timing and flexibility.
- Looks for and identifies alternative suppliers to build partnerships to innovate Company processes and products.
- Follows and implements a technological open-source policy, in order to maintain and develop the best possible vendor list, at international level.
- Proposes, develops and supervises projects to reduce industrial provisions costs and improve service level towards technical and production unit.
- Choose the vendors for the assigned area, defining related contracts, according to requirements defined in the documentation, in order to meet technical needs, by optimizing costs, maximizing quality and service level.
- Assures a proper analysis, evaluation and negotiation of offers received in order to meet technical needs, by optimizing global costs, within given quality/quantity and timing requirements.
- Assures the internal customer satisfaction for purchases related to the technical and production area, in order to maximize purchasing service level provided.
- Monitors suppliers under a commercial, logistics and productive perspective, in order to ensure reliability of provisions and services, a proper quality level (service, technological evolution, etc.), respecting timing constrain and minimizing cost.
- Cooperates to maintain updated as the vendor lists as the database reporting the vendors' evaluations.
- Cooperates with technical areas, proposes and defines possible corrective measures to improve current practices to manage vendors.
What you 'll need:
The desired Technical Buyer will need to have the following qualifications for the role:
- Previous experience in a Procurement role- preferably FMCG or another GMP environment and with experience in technical buying
- Highly knowledgeable on systems- particularly SAP but also the Microsoft Suite of programs
- Effective communicator who works well as part of a team to resolve issues
- 3rdlevel qualification in a Supply Chain discipline
- Strong work ethic and highly structured
If you feel that you fulfil the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment