Tax Accountant AITI
This is a newly created position for a recently qualified accountant with their AITI also completed. You will have trained with one of the Big 4 with a minimum of 3 years corporate tax experience and now be looking for a move into industry. Based in West Dublin
The Group Tax function is responsible for managing corporate tax compliance across the Group, year-end tax accounting, including deferred tax provisioning, and supporting the businesses with respect to compliance for other tax heads, primarily VAT and payroll taxes. The tax function also supports the Group Corporate Development team with respect to the tax aspects of acquisitions, disposals, etc., and also works closely with the Group Internal Audit and Group Finance functions.
- Preparation of corporate tax returns and supporting computations for Irish and UK companies.
- Preparation of current and deferred tax computations for year-end provisioning purposes. Liaising with the Group Finance team and external auditors on tax-related audit matters.
- Preparation of Irish Group VAT return.
- Preparation and regular updating of transfer pricing documentation, in particular, preparation of Country-by-Country reporting requirements, and implementation of transfer pricing policies.
- Liaising with external advisors.
- Support the Group Internal Audit team with respect to tax compliance reviews of businesses, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of their work.
- Ad-Hoc Tax Queries: Deal with tax-related queries raised by businesses
Competencies & Experience
- Minimum of three years' experience working in a tax environment.
- Strong IT skills and experience working with corporate tax compliance software.
- Flexible and adaptable team player, demonstrating the ability to quickly grasp new skills.
- Practical knowledge of corporation, VAT and payroll taxes.
- Experience with tax transfer pricing in an MNE environment and exposure to overseas taxes is an advantage.
If you are a recently qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years experience working within a corporate tax environment - please apply with your most recent CV to Bernadette Sisson for immediate consideration.