Swine Veterinary Surgeon
FRS Recruitment are now inviting applications for the role of 'Swine Veterinary Surgeon' on behalf of our client, a leading Irish Agribusiness. This is a full time permanent role based in Longford and will also require national travel.
This opening will offer the successful candidate stable working hours from Mon - Fri, working alongside one other long term Vet - you will be given assistance with your training & development in the role. This is a newly created position as required for the growth and expansion of clients business strategy.
- Working directly with pig farmers to encourage and promote pig health
- Monitoring health programs will be required through slaughter examinations and/or laboratory studies
- Inform & educate farmers on the latest developments for vaccination programs, biosecurity and animal husbandry
- Complete & maintain quarterly audits and veterinary health plans for clients
- Be in a position to complete surgical work
- Be available informally during the working day to provide veterinary advice to clients
- Flexibility will be required in the role which is mainly Mon - Fri. Some weekend work maybe required
- Qualified veterinarian. Experience within the Pig Industry is preferred but not essential. Ruminant will also be considered.
- Warm and friendly manner with strong communication and administration skills
- Capacity to make decisions based on interpreting analytical data, along with clinical work in order to make recommendations for the client
- Ability to build relationships, to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Salary on offer will reflect experience for the role
- Veterinary Fee's and CPD allowance will be considered
Are you the one we're looking for? Apply now by clicking the apply button.
All applications through FRS are 100% confidential.