Sustainable Agriculture Manager
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Sustainable Agriculture Manager on behalf of a global nutrition company. This is a full-time permanent role.
My client is a leading provider of environmental, animal and human health solutions and a key influencer in driving health and sustainability throughout the food chain.
With manufacturing sites in the UK & United States they supply innovative nutritional solutions and technical expertise to producers through the farm, feed and food industry in UK, Ireland, Europe, Africa, Middle East, Australasia, Latin America and the .
Reporting to the Commercial Directors of Pig and Poultry, you will be highly motivated with excellent communication skills and be responsible for developing senatorial sustainability strategies to help grow and foster customer relationships.
Duties to include
- The candidate will work within both the Poultry and Pig teams and will be responsible for developing the sectorial sustainability strategies, collaborating on relevant research and development projects and supporting the commercial teams.
- Support commercial teams to help grow existing, and foster new, customer relationships.
- Present sustainability work to range of stakeholders (customers, retailers, policy makers etc.)
- Communicate sustainability messages to diverse audiences across multiple platforms including news articles, social media, presentations and farm visits.
- Collaborate on research projects to quantify and communicate sustainability attributes of products and nutritional strategies.
- Coordinate environmental impact assessments for different monogastric production systems and identify areas for further improvement.
- Deliver regular internal updates on policy and market developments related to sustainability.
- Support the creation of an internal CSR strategy.
- Provide sustainability expertise, lobbying and support to various trade organisations.
- Respond to relevant government policy consultations when required.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Agriculture, Environmental Science or related subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build constructive working relationships and work collaboratively with others
- Experience in developing sustainability strategy
- Experience in stakeholder engagement
- Excellent knowledge of, and keen interest in, agricultural sector, policy and environmental issues
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure
Salary & benefits
- 37.5hr week, flexibility will be required
- Based from Belfast, travel may be required
- Competitive salary dependent upon skills and experience
- Company matched pension scheme.
- Corporate Health Cash-plan, with access to an Employee Assist Programme
- Internal training and development opportunities
Please email your cv through the attached link
Phone calls to John on 087 9955439