Support Pharmacist (Hospital)
Basic Grade Pharmacist - Kilkenny (Full Time - 11 month contract)
To support the Senior Pharmacist in the running of the pharmacy division in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the hospital to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Subject to the direct supervision of the Senior Pharmacist, you will be required to participate in the provision of a comprehensive pharmaceutical service including:
- The supply of drugs, pharmaceuticals & other related items as may be required.
- The provision of advice to medical & nursing staff on the proper use of drugs & medicines.
- The purchase, storage & supply of all items on the most economical lines, consistent with quality at pharmacy, ward & departmental levels, & with reference to legal requirements, transit, security & conditions of chemical & physical stability.
- The expansion of a ward pharmacy service & clinical pharmacy.
- The maintenance of records for purchasing, quality control, compounding & dispensing to the standards required.
- Completion of clinical audits as assigned by the Supervising pharmacist
- To assist the Supervising Pharmacist in the performance of his/her duties & responsibilities as required.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the office, as may be assigned to him/her by the Supervising Pharmacist.
- Through the course of the working day or week there maybe a requirement to work in other areas of the hospital in line with patient requirements as requested by your line manager/deputy or nurse management.
- Staff must produce satisfactory documentary evidence of all training and experience claimed by them, if required to do so by the organisation.
- To respect Mission Statement of the Hospital.
Please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Support Pharmacist, Supporting Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist