Support Pharmacist Galway
Support Pharmacist required for a busy pharmacy in Galway. This position is for 3 days a week and mainly weekends.
To support the Managing Pharmacist in the running of the dispensary in a busy and challenging environment. Working to agreed operating procedures within the pharmacy to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent customer care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To strictly observe the statutory regulations relating to the supply of medicinal products as per the pharmacy Act 2007.
- To adhere to dispensing standard operating procedures and ensure maintenance of the appropriate records and hygiene within the pharmacy as per the Pharmacy Act 2008.
- To ensure that any issues of a Health and Safety nature are brought to the attention of the managing pharmacist.
- To fulfil the required advisory role in relation to over the counter medicines and ensure that staff on the medicine counter are aware of the procedure for counter prescribing and their limitations.
- Ensure that the proper procedure for the various Department of Health Schemes e.g. DPS, LTI, GMS is carried out and that they are kept up to date, submitted properly at the end of each month and payment is reconciled as set down by Company Procedures.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels in the Pharmacy ensuring the correct storage and monitoring of dated products.
- Assume full responsibility during the absence of the Pharmacist for supervising the pharmacy in the provision of medicinal products.
- To ensure that the Pharmacy is kept clean and tidy and any Health and Safety issues are brought promptly to the attention of the Pharmacy Manager.
- To ensure while on duty the highest standards of care and service is delivered.
- To understand, support and participate in the retail operation of the Pharmacy.
- To participate in training and development programmes provided by the pharmacy.
- To keep abreast of all changes to registration and PSI practice guidance.
- Any other duties as required
Leadership & Teamwork
- Provide support to other stakeholders within the pharmacy to ensure the delivery of company goals.
- This role requires a high level of pro-activity and an ability to work on own initiative.
- Build positive relationships with others in the pharmacy to create a positive working environment.
- Participate in staff training programmes and implementation and be proactive in developing the role function.
- Giving education & training programmes within the Pharmacy.
- To assist the managing pharmacist in programmes of health promotion and the implementation of pharmaceutical care.
Please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Community Pharmacist, Support Pharmacist, Relief Pharmacist, Locum Pharmacist, Galway