Support Coordinator - Louth - 27k - 34k
My client, a charity-based organisation is seeking a Support Coordinator to join their team. This is a 2-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension based in North Louth.
Reporting to the Head of Services, you will provide support and coordinate services for and with clients, to address challenges & find solutions. You will be working both in person and remotely with clients, covering North Louth Communities weekly. A full, clean license and access to your own vehicle is essential for this role.
Tasks & Duties
- Manage and lead the response to older people including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, welfare allowances, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
- Carry out assessments (in person or by phone) with clients to ensure that all aspects of the person's needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
- Advocate for the needs of clients across a range of health, social care and welfare services.
- Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies across your designated area.
- Distribute, install and respond to technology to benefit the client including new technology that promotes health and safety within their home and also their overall wellbeing.
- Help meet the targets and goals of our services and meet the lead time for the delivery of services.
- Provide regular, consistent & comprehensive reporting regarding developments, gaps or blocks into the Service Manager
- Develop and maintain referral pathways to the organisation's Support Coordination services.
- Develop and engage with care and case management systems.
- You will be required to engage in comprehensive recording keeping on the organisation's CRM database.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Candidates must demonstrate a keen interest in working with older people and be committed to the organisation's mission.
- Self-motivated person who is committed to the organisation's mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Candidates with a Diploma, Certificate, or Degree in relevant areas of community, social care or related fields, is desirable but not essential.
- Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
- Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
- Excellent active listening skills
- Full clean driving licence and own transport is essential.