My client, a charity-based organisation is seeking a Support Coordinator to join their team. This is a 2-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Head of Services, you will provide support and coordinate services for and with clients, to address challenges & find solutions. You will be working both in person and remotely with clients, covering North Louth Communities weekly. A full, clean license and access to your own vehicle is essential for this role.
Tasks & Duties
* Manage and lead the response to older people including, but not limited to, issues regarding emotional wellbeing, housing issues, welfare allowances, health difficulties and vulnerable persons at risk of abuse.
* Carry out assessments (in person or by phone) with clients to ensure that all aspects of the person's needs are identified, supported and resolved and that any risks are mitigated.
* Advocate for the needs of clients across a range of health, social care and welfare services.
* Build strong referral relationships with statutory and non-statutory agencies across your designated area.
* Distribute, install and respond to technology to benefit the client including new technology that promotes health and safety within their home and also their overall wellbeing.
* Help meet the targets and goals of our services and meet the lead time for the delivery of services.
* Provide regular, consistent & comprehensive reporting regarding developments, gaps or blocks into the Service Manager
* Develop and maintain referral pathways to the organisation's Support Coordination services.
* Develop and engage with care and case management systems.
* You will be required to engage in comprehensive recording keeping on the organisation's CRM database.
* You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
* Candidates must demonstrate a keen interest in working with older people and be committed to the organisation's mission.
* Self-motivated person who is committed to the organisation's mission is essential.
* Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
* High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals, groups and stakeholders, is essential.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Candidates with a Diploma, Certificate, or Degree in relevant areas of community, social care or related fields, is desirable but not essential.
* Good computer literacy, with experience of using case management systems is desirable.
* Excellent organisational skills, report writing, solution focused skills and multi-tasking skills are desirable.
* Excellent active listening skills
* Full clean driving licence and own transport is essential.