Supply Chain Team Lead Pharma
Excellent opportunity for a Supply Chain Team Lead to join a leading and rapidly growing pharmaceutical company based in Waterford. This company has invested millions into their Waterford site including brand new R&D, biologics and packaging facilities which shows their long-term commitment to employees and the area. They pride themselves in recruiting, developing, and retaining the best people as they continue to grow.
What's in it for you?
This is a superb opportunity for you to progress your career and work for an innovative, supportive and friendly pharmaceutical company that serve patients with life-improving treatments. Your work will truly make a difference to people's lives and you will work alongside cutting-edge technology and a supportive and friendly team.
You will be part of a focused team who work together and support one another with their workloads. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are supported by peers and managers. It is a fun and exciting place to work!
Your new position:
As the Supply Chain Team Leader, you will lead and support the Supply Chain Specialists team activities for both clinical and commercial product from multiple manufacturing and packing sites and to ensure products are delivered on time and in full
Leadership Standardised Work
- Lead Weekly Supply Review Meeting focusing on key Supply Chain performance indicators and identifying related actions required.
- Lead Weekly Planning meeting to ensure all stakeholders are agreed on current plan and on rough cut plan looking out for full demand horizon.
- Introduce Coaching / Mentoring and support of team members as part of standard work helping with problem solving and skill development to aid learning and early problem resolution
- Recruitment assist with recruitment of team members in line with resource requirements and to job spec.
Order management and planning activities:
- Managing and analysing and actioning customer forecast data.
- Sales Order management.
- Interpreting MRP output data with respect to production schedule, plant capacities and purchasing requirements for clinical and commercial products
- Analysing product performance and plant capacity data across multiple sites
- Managing Artwork approval process
- Monitoring production schedules, expediting operations that delay schedules and altering the schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Preparing campaign readiness trackers.
- Communicate production schedules for multiple sites to the key stake holders.
- Analysing and interpreting bills of material, vendor specifications, etc, to ensure materials are supplied and delivered to GMP or equivalent standards.
- Analysing the Purchasing Requisitions generated from MRP and recommend approval.
- Monitoring supplier performance and taking corrective actions as required.
- Monitoring and analysing stock reports for multiple sites.
- Negotiate price changes and other terms and conditions with suppliers to obtain the best return at the most cost effective prices possible while retaining quality specifications.
- Providing forecast data to key suppliers.
All areas of compliance:
- To ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with the required standards conforming to company, cGxP, SOPs, regulatory regulations and guidelines, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Ensure high quality output vigilantly watch over job processes, tasks and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions or defects.
- Initiate action to correct quality/schedule problem or notify others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Relevant Degree Qualification
- At least 3 years experience leading a planning and/or purchasing team within the pharmaceutical sector preferred
- Proven people management and leadership experience
- Advanced experience with SAP.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent Communication skills and Time management.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills is critical.
- Ability to multitask, adapt quickly and work under pressure
- Working effectively with team and on own initiative.