You will be responsible for every aspect of the day-to-day running of the store, including sales, team members, stock and merchandising. Working closely with your team, you will provide a friendly and engaging customer experience in line with the company vision. This is a management role and can provide a career path to higher management positions.
- Provide exceptional customer experience for all customers and lead by example to others to do the same.
- Ensure the store operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provides our customers with excellent quality products and services.
- Actively live the brand values and engage others to do the same.
- Manage and motivate their team to increase sales and ensure efficiency. Be familiar with sales figures.
- Manage stock levels.
- Use information technology to record sales figures for data analysis to interpret trends to facilitate planning.
- Be involved with performance reviews, as well as providing or organising training and development.
- Identify poor performance of staff, and liaise with HR to manage people effectively.
- Set objectives to achieve store KPIs.
- Manage and monitor all variable costs within the limits of budgetary control.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met. Resolve health and safety and security issues, and respond to customer complaints and comments.
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues.
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talk to colleagues and customers and identify or resolve urgent issues.
- Ensure the company policies and procedures are followed at all times by the team.
- Ensure all paperwork and administrative tasks are completed within the given time frames.
- Take care of the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to act with pace and support to coach and motivate other team members to deliver to high standards.
- Good attention to detail and organised but also able to see the big picture.
- Energetic, positive, enthusiastic, and not afraid of hard work.
- Reliable and able to work well under pressure, with the ability to multitask and re-prioritise when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills.