Supervising Pharmacist Manager for a new Pharmacy opening in Co. Meath.
The pharmacy group will offer a €5,000 sign-on bonus to any pharmacist who accepts the role before 31st January. This will be paid 50% in month 1 and 50% in month 6.
About the Role
The Supervising Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmaceutical services in accordance with all legislative, contractual, professional and ethical obligations and for providing professional advice to patients, pharmacy staff and other health professionals about health and medicines. Their responsibilities may include:
- Completing/managing the dispensing process
- Supervising and directing the activities of pharmacy staff
- Managing pharmacy stock levels
- Ensuring data checking is done according to store operations
- Providing expert advice to patients regarding the safe and appropriate use of all medicines and complementary medicines
- Providing guidance and expert advice to pharmacy staff about the safe and appropriate use of the medicines and complementary medicines - particularly over-the-counter and pharmacy-only medicines
- Assessing patients' symptoms, providing advice about treatment options
- Creating and maintaining effective relationships with patients, customers and suppliers
- Communicating effectively with a diverse range of people, including patients, pharmacy staff and other health professionals
- Ensuring all pharmacy claims are correct and transmitted within the required time-frame
Skills and Experience
- Registered Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (with no conditions attached to registration)
- A minimum of three years post-registration experience, preferably in an Irish retail pharmacy
- Previous experience as a Supervising Pharmacist (preferred but not essential)
- Extensive experience in the operation of a community pharmacy
- Demonstrated capability to perform effectively as a pharmacist.
- Ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholders and customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality services.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Honesty, integrity and an understanding of the significance of confidentiality.
- Applicants for this position should have EU residency or a valid employment permit.
Please contact Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy, Support Pharmacist, Meath