Superintendent Pharmacist - Dublin
This position is Monday to Friday, 9 am-6 pm with a one-hour lunch break with no late night or weekend shifts required - This is a full-time role.
The successful candidate will become the Superintendent and Supervising Pharmacist for dispensing facility ensuring full compliance with all regulations, and codes of conduct. As part of the main duties, you will ensure full adherence to all statutory rules and professional guidelines to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent patient care. You will also support the Pharmacy team in a busy and challenging environment delivering various home care programmes. Furthermore, this role will also oversee the management of the Pharmacy, duties involved in the running of the Pharmacy being the line manager to the Support Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technician teams.
An exciting opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team. The role involves successfully delivering a variety of home-care programmes including Outpatient Parental Antimicrobial Therapy, TPN and Orphan drug dispensing. The successful candidate will work alongside excellent support staff to assist Point of Care nurses as well as community intervention teams to carry out innovative and valuable healthcare programmes.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To operate the Pharmacy in accordance with all the legal requirements pertaining to the profession. Support the development/updating of policies and procedures in response to new business acquisitions or changing regulatory frameworks.
- Maintain consistent professional standards always and ensure full compliance with all regulations, code of conduct, Statutory rules and professional guidelines to maintain the highest ethical standards and deliver excellent patient care. Lead and manage the Pharmacy team and provide ongoing communications on both personal and business performance and initiatives.
- Report to the General Manager on Pharmacy and staff performance along with supporting the Pharmacy team in the successful delivery of a variety of home-care programmes including; Outpatient Parental Antimicrobial Therapy, orphan drug and TPN dispensing services.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team; provide information to medical, nursing and healthcare professionals and patients. Scheduling and Demand Planning of pharmacy services and Point of Care out-patient programmes.
- Cold Chain Management and maintenance of GDP.
- To maintain excellent stock control including; rotation of stock, maintaining appropriate stock levels, using approved suppliers, and maintenance of the prescribed inventory control database.
- Ensure accurate records relating to the procurement, storage, quality control, dispensing, distribution, and destruction of medical products are maintained in accordance with best practice standards and applicable legislation.
- To ensure the smooth running of the dispensary, including maintaining computer records and ensuring that the paperwork pertaining to the various programmes is kept up to date and in line with company procedures and good document management.
- Management of the Quality Management System (QMS) including assistance with implementation and training of all existing policies and procedures for pharmacy staff.
- Maintain an appropriate Error Management system within the Pharmacy and ensure full adherence by staff.
- Maintain the principles of equity, accountability, quality and safety in daily work and ensure full compliance with all Health and Safety requirements.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
The successful candidate should possess and demonstrate the following:
- Registered as a pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland with a minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Previous Supervising/Superintendent Pharmacist and management experience is desirable.
- Strong clinical skills. Hospital or Home-care pharmacy experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to balance the requirement of multiple projects and services within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Strong communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of GDP would be an advantage.
- Good flexibility and commitment to working as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- A social person who develops good relationships with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
Superintendent Pharmacist, Supervising Pharmacist, Senior Chemist, Senior Pharmacist, MP, SP, Community Pharmacist, Managing Pharmacist, Dublin
For further details contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856