Store Manager (Supermarket)
Supermarket Manager - Co. Cork
The role will be varied but the main duties include:
- Ensure the highest standard of customer service is provided to all customers.
- Promote a harmonious atmosphere for customers, suppliers and the team.
- Ensure merchandising and presentation of the store is of the highest standard at all times, manage all Point of Sale and ensure it contributes effectively to Price Perception.
- Communicate the required operating standards to all staff members and ensure they understand and implement such standards at all times.
- Monitor performance of Fresh Food Departments in conjunction with the Fresh Food Manager.
- Adhere to stocktaking procedures and coordinate quarterly stocktaking procedures.
- Maintain effective ordering processes and prudent stock management.
- Monitor department overheads, ensuring that all budgets are achieved including wages.
- Conduct regular staff meetings.
- Provide leadership for Junior Management and staff and ensure a good working environment exists within the store.
- Liaise with the management team so as to ensure that weekly gross profit, net profit and sales targets are achieved.
- Seek opportunities to develop yourself in relation to technical training and professional development.
- Manage housekeeping to expected standards.
- Ensure that standards of excellence are maintained throughout the store.
- Assume store manager responsibilities in their absence.
- Have in-depth knowledge of all Health & Safety regulations and how they relate to the store.
- Conduct any other duties as directed by Store Manager.
Ideally candidates will have
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Committed to a high standard of integrity
- Strong Leadership team management skills
- Ambition to progress career in a growing company
- Excellent customer service skills and in building good relationships with the customers, team and suppliers
- Ideal candidate will be ambitious and target driven
- Passionate about everything you do
Competitive salary with excellent opportunities for training & promotion within the Retail Group
This role is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their career in an exciting company.
For further information, please contact Brian Mahon on 086 7773856
Supermarket Manager, Fresh Food Manager, Retail Manager, Store Manager, Retail Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Deputy Store Manager, Department Manager, Grocery Manager