My client a leading Builders Providers, DIY & Electrical Retailer in the midlands are looking for a Stock Controller to join their business. This is a full time, permanent role based in Co Laois.
Stock Controller reporting to the Branch Manager.
- To ensure that all branch staff adhere to the group's policy and implement best practice on the movement holding, counting and valuation of stock in the branch.
- To oversee all paperwork is matched accordingly.
- To produce required weekly reports such as sales analysis, best and worst sellers,wastage, margins, etc.
- To carry out weekly stock checks, report and investigate discrepancies.
- To oversee stock takes, produce stock report and stock discrepancy report and explain variances.
- To ensure the integrity and accuracy of the branch computer based stock management system.
- Ensure all materials in yard, stores and shop are properly labelled.
- To work closely with the Managing Director to ensure that the analysis capabilities are being fully utilised and that the appropriate action is being taken as a result of the information.
- Daily Cycle Counting and Investigation of variances is an integral part of this position.
- Report to Branch Manager on high value items with variances.
- Liaise with stores staff for changes on dockets.
- Liaise with yard foreman to maintain neat and tidy stocks, and forward planning of counts
- Liaise with Price File team on bar-code issues/corrections required etc.
- Minimum of 3 year's experience in Stock Control
- A knowledge of Building Materials & Electrical Appliances.
- A high level of IT skills, including experience of MS Office.
- Excellent numerical and Data entry skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail
- Customer and supplier return systems and procedures
- Ability to work on your own initiative and work as part of a team
Phone calls to Louise 086 4670069 / 05793 26999
Send your CV through the attached link