Staff Nurse - Carlow
Position: Staff Nurse - Elderly Care
Salary / Pay rate: €18-20 + benefits
Type of role: Full time (36-42hr/week), permanent
Working hours: Shift work, mixed day & night shifts
Reporting to: CNM & DON
Are you a qualified Nurse, looking to progress your career in a nursing home environment? This is a fantastic job opportunity where you will join a team of Nurses looking to deliver the highest level of care to residents. The home is highly reputable for its comfortable and flourishing 60 bedded setting. This position is ideal for a candidate with previous experience in elderly care! Successful candidates must be dedicated in providing the best nursing care possible to elderly service users.
Do you have what it takes?
- Third level nursing qualification
- NMBI registered
- Ideally minimum 1 years' experience in Elderly Care
- Understanding and knowledge of HIQA regulations and standards
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Flexible to work different shifts (days and nights)
- Very good level of English, very good communication skills
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Acting as a patient advocate, educating both patients and families
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the MDT
- Positive attitude with patients and work ethic, assist with therapeutic engagement
- Assist in ordering, administering, monitoring and recording of service users' medications
- Ensuring compliance with all current legislation and company policies/procedures
To apply for this fantastic job opportunity, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence. Or contact Chloe Hos on 0864648416 to discuss further.