Staff Engineering Manager- Data Platform
Intersted in a career in a leading music Publishing company well look no further.
I have an exciting opportuintiy for so Someone at staff level and ideally with some experience of building / leading a team, or someone currently in a director level role but looking for a hands-on position.
We're looking for someone who will onboard and start having an early impact by addressing some of our current tactical issues - so needs to be able to operate as an individual contributor as well as coordinate the work of others. And work from there to build out a strategic roadmap and grow out a data platform infrastructure team.
- Execute on tactical issues with our current data pipelines: address development velocity issues, consolidate and converge approaches e.g. move to managed airflow on AWS
- Develop and maintain a detailed execution roadmap as we tackle our legacy monolith and move data and processing into the cloud
- Build out our data architecture to meet low latency, batch and other emerging use cases
- Drive observability and cost optimization
Technical skills required
- Sufficient skills overlap as an IC with our current technical stack:
- SQL, S3-based data lakes, AWS Athena, AWS Glue
- AWS DMS, CDC and other replication approaches
- Hadoop; Spark/Scala; AWS EMR
- Kafka stream processing
- AWS; Terraform
- Oracle; AWS RDS
- Prior experience of building out data warehouse solutions to meet disparate use cases. In particular experience with approaches to fulfilling low latency (sub second) use cases.
- Awareness of the current big data technology landscape including hadoop and cloud datawarehouse solutions such as Snowflake or Databricks
Laura Murphy has worked in recruitment for more than 15 years. She forged a very successful career in the UK focusing on Senior Interim Leadership appointments across local government, health, education, charities, housing, regulation and central government. .Her last seven years in the UK were…
Hi All, At FRS Recruitment we look for the best candidates for our clients vacancies. While working with the clients before they proved they are really engaging and an all round pleasure to work with. They are a Managed Server Provider with a big client base and give great ups-killing opportunities…View job
FRS Recruitment have partnered with an exciting IT company based in Dublin Centre Centre, a leading provider of business process management and automation tools enabling business users' to digitize, transform and automate complex business processes without software code.View job
This is a great opportunity for an experienced CRM Administrator to get contribute to innovative app integration projects and strategic deliverables Managing and improving custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexityCreate and maintain fields,…View job
URGENT CONTRACT! Security Engineer : Dublin/Hybrid I have an urgent 12 month contract with a leading company who requires an experienced Security Engineer to working within their fast-paced, challenging and rewarding operations team. You will have;View job