SRE Engineer (Network)
As a Network Engineer (SRE) in the Deployment Services (DS) department you will be working with a focus on the design and deployment of our development, pre-production and production (private and public) cloud-based platform.
The ideal candidate will be familiar in design and implementation at mid to large enterprise scale. They will be equally at home with installation and customisation of Windows and Linux or BSD and the tools for automation on these platforms.
A successful candidate will also be involved with:
- Deploying scalable & robust solutions over our private or public cloud to support product and platform engineering applications.
- Constantly look for improvements for any platform or resourcing constraints through automation and new technologies.
- Troubleshooting and supporting customer and platform related issues.
- Attending stand-up meetings and collaborating with peers to delivery company/customer business requirements.
Skills - Required
3+ years' experience in one of the following roles:
- Build and deployment to Private or Public Cloud - IaaS/PaaS.
- Cloud / data centre system or network administration - AWS/Azure.
- Good scripting skills - PowerShell / Python / Bash.
- Minimum of 3 years of configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Routing and Switching environments. Data Centre experience and UCS knowledge a plus.
- Experience with Cisco IOS routers, Nexus switches, Catalyst switches, ASA Firewalls.
- Experience with network routing protocols such as BGP & OSPF.
- Experience with IPsec VPN configuration on Cisco IOS.
- Experience deploying and maintaining Cisco routers and switches in a datacentre or service-provider context.
- Experience with VRF configuration / deployment in a datacentre or service-provider context.
- Experience with Wireshark / TCPdump and packet analysis.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in enterprise level networking with working knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing Protocols including: BGP, OSPF, RIP, IPVPN, IPSec, VXLAN, EVPN, MPLS, HSRP, STP, LACP.
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASR, Nexus, ASA, ISR and Catalyst product lines is a distinct advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of the OSI layers 1-4 and associated equipment.
- ood network/system/software engineering skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of documentation.
- Medium/Strong computer & network security knowledge.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Linux Server.
- Windows Server (IIS, NLB, Certificate Authority).
- VMWare ESXi.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
- Systems and network security.
Are you an experienced SRE Engineer (Network) that is looking for a change for growing, dynamic company which helps in growth of your career? If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this SRE Engineer (Network) role via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.