Sr R & D Specialist
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
Cork based Irish R & D Food company are currently recruiting for an R & D specialist to join their team who are currently working on some very ground breaking technologies and products for a range of multinational food clients globally.
Reporting to the R&D Director as Sr R & D Consultant your remit will see you play a key role in designing and implementing the company's technology development program in addition to delivering client specific R&D research projects.
YOUR NEW ROLE:
Some of the key elements of this exciting R & D job will include:
* Executing "Compliance by Design" Product Innovation strategies
* Plan, conduct or coordinate relatively straight-forward product application analyses and tests internally or with support from client
* Interpretation of data for process and product validation and scale up
* Conduct and / or supervise pilot trial performance versus specifications and incorporate changes as needed to maintain recipe compliance.
* Calculate processing losses and stability losses to use in formulation development to ensure compliance with customer target
* Perform qualification testing across shelf life relative to historical customer information i.e. verify if encapsulation can offer a benefit over historical processes
* Participate in R&D discussions and innovation strategy session to support company strategy and R&D future planning
* Development and validation analytical methods for encapsulated products to support compliance screening from pilot and production operations.
* Management of analytical testing conducted for R&D and Quality Dept. to verify that finished product function and characteristics are achieved using approved methods to meet client milestones and market needs
* Maintain competitive base of knowledge with respect to competitor's products and communicate market information on regular basis to the commercial team
* Support clinical trial planning including test procedures, sample management and data interpretation
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
There is a salary of €45k to €50k available doe plus stock options that could prove very lucrative down the line along the chance to develop your career and technical expertise with a growing company operating in an exciting and ground-breaking R & D space!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
You will be degree qualified in a Food Science or Pharmaceutical discipline with 3 years industry experience in R & D and Product Development along with experience in and knowledge of Microbiological and Chemical QC analysis
Personality wise you will be self-managing and naturally collaborative as this role liaises closely with QC, Logistics, Sales etc as well as being team orientated with strong influencing and consensus building skills. You'll be a critical thinker with the ability to innovate and enjoy challenging the status quo
A knowledge of data analysis and problem solving with a track record of building relationships with internal and external customers and the capacity to translate theoretical information into practical application is key for the R & D Specialist job
You'll have demonstrated core laboratory skills and expertise in various wet chemistry and analytical techniques such as spectroscopy and chromatography techniques, with an excellent understanding of the relevance of the data generated.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then don't delay and apply today and suitable applicants will be contact