SQL Server Devops Engineer
- Provide customer software product support
- Support Project managers in the field for all project requirements
- Have responsibility for SQL Server administration, data base administration, backup, replication, disaster recovery strategies.
- Provide IT Infrastructure support both in-house and at customer sites.
- Prepare end user and technical user documentation for environmental products
- Attend customer sites, for installations, training, go lives & review meetings, always providing a high level of customer service.
- Analysis of software issues reported for any repeat issues with proposed solutions on how to improve product performance. Identify any training needs for customers and produce operation documents to address these issues.
- You will be involved in product improvement program, consulting to customer & monitoring of performance metrics.
Person Specification - Profile
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in SQL server or Oracle and database administration, mobile communications software would be an advantage
- Experience in a customer facing role is desirable but not essential.
- An understanding of software engineering principles and processes. Practical experience in relation to databases, Microsoft SQL server, managing hosted solution and web services.