SQL DBA- Kerry
We are currently looking for a SQL DBA to join our client's support team. Graduates unfortunately won't be considered for this role. We need 1-5 years hands on industry experience as a SQL DBA.
- The candidate will be primary responsible for day-to-day SQL Server database administration responsibilities such as following-up on missing database backups, maintaining database reports, documentation and management of database configuration, installation and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2017 databases, proactive database performance monitoring and tuning, continuous review of existing and creation of new database processes and procedures, development and implementation of database automation solutions and performing quality assurance responsibilities for various database projects.
- The candidate must have experience with installing, upgrading and supporting of SQL Server 2014/2017 databases.
- The candidate is required to have hands-on experience with implementation, administration and usage of SQL Server Management Studio. Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services would be considered a plus.
What we look for
- Smart, driven and fast learners with a positive attitude.
- Logical thinker who enjoys problem solving.
- Organised and methodical approach under pressure.
- Proactive - provide solutions to problems before they surface.
- Diligent and a strong eye for detail.
- Multitasker who can juggle project work, with day to day issues and user requests.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field
- Working experience with various database management systems in database implementation, testing, maintenance and administration
- Previous database administration experience with demonstrated ability and knowledge of various platforms
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide on-call support during off-business hours on regular days and the weekends
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and directed
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects, achievements etc.