I am assisting a leading public sector body to help them recruit a number of solution architects.
They will have to Work with the technology department to deliver a class leading architecture function within the organization. The main duties include:
- Liaise with PMO to ensure all projects are covered from a Solutions Architecture Perspective.
- Ensure that value is drawn from our existing suite of applications while also ensuring that gaps are addressed in context of overall Enterprise Architecture.
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and provide supporting metrics
- Work with testing resources to ensure all solutions can meeting testing standards
- Scope the technical requirements for solutions
- Scope the training requirements for solutions
- Scope the service requirements for solutions
- Identify areas where IT can support business needs and goals.
- Work with business units to develop IT strategies and to improve current IT implementations.
- Communicate and consult with clients and internal stakeholders to develop appropriate solutions
- Identify and manage risks that might hinder successful solution delivery
- Support the implementation process for solutions in conjunction with the rest of the ICT dept and our external partners.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent Communications skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate where they were able to take business requirements and translate them into successful solutions.
- Analytic skills. Candidates must be able to demonstrate where produced metrics against the business requirements and solutions to be delivered.
- Technical Qualifications. Candidates must have qualifications in ICT and/or Business Analysis.
- Software Development Process. Candidates must have in-depth experience of the Software Development Lifecycle including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Industry Experience. Ideal candidates should have experience in transport or logistics.
- Technology Experience. Ideal candidates should have experience in cloud first technology roadmaps alongside experience in utilizing enterprise level data service. Experience in Mulesoft and Azure services will be seen as beneficial.
- DevOps experience advantageous
- Knowledge of architecture frameworks and standards (TOGAF, Archimate) along with project management frameworks (Prince2) required
If this sounds like you then please email me with your CV and we can arrange a call.