Software Test Engineer
Software Test Engineer - Limerick
Our client is looking for a highly talented Software Test Engineer with a passion for designing, developing and executing system and software test procedures. You will capture detailed system and software specifications, evaluate and apply engineering principles to fulfill project objectives. As part of an expanding team, you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
Responsibilities of the Software Test Engineer
- Work under test lead to provide test estimate
- Understand requirements to be tested
- Complete tasks assigned and ensure the schedule is met
- Write, review, and execute test cases and other test documents as needed
- Support software and systems engineering teams with trouble shooting, characterization and validation activities for prototypes and sub-systems
- Support sustaining activities
- Engage in continuous improvement of test process and practice enhancement
Are you Qualified?
- BS in CS, or equivalent plus minimum of 2 years of software testing experience
- Knowledge or experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies in software development is expected
- Ability to learn, introduce and improve new and existing test practice and process
- Effectiveness of communicating technical information within or across the team
- Experience with complete software product development life cycle from concept to final release is plus
- Test automation experience is a big plus
- Writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate with team lead and team members
- Strong focus on customer experience and product quality
- Familiarity with FDA regulations for medical instruments is a plus
- Additionally, experience with automation test development in Visual Studio, Selenium or TestComplete would be an advantage.