Software Lead, Galway
FRS Recruitment are actively sourcing and screening for a Software Lead . This role is based in Galway.
Overview & brief responsibilities:
- The Lead will be responsible for building and managing a new team of audio engineers with an emphasis on Windows and Android platforms
- Works with engineers from their own team and outside, to design, architect and document platform-level audio solutions that will present consistent features across multiple platforms for a given product.
- Ensures technical consistency of products through design reviews, code reviews, documentation reviews, and end-to-end testing including ownership of automated tests.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in computer science or engineering preferred. Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience is required.
- 10 or more years of software development in a related role.
- Multiple relevant commercially release projects.
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to and leading technology teams.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and develop collaborative working relationships across multiple business units.
- Strong communication skills to champion and evangelize technology solutions to both technical and non-technical communities.
- Expert level knowledge of C/C++ is required.
- Strong understanding of audio signal processing and architecture.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one other programming language such as Objective-C, Java, Python, or other mobile and web based technologies is desired.
- Strong platform-specific knowledge on at least one leading operating system.
- Working knowledge of other common operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Experience working in agile environments.
- Experience working with continuous integration systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficient in verbal and written communication in English.
- Ability to work well in a globally distributed work environment.
This Software Lead role is an exciting new opportunity with our key client. Excellent basic salary in the region plus pension, healthcare, life assurance etc on offer for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate has strong communication skills, expert-level technical skills, expert-level C/C++ skills, and experience working within agile development environments. They will have an enthusiastic approach to problem solving, a natural passion for collaboration, and an acute ability to adapt and learn quickly. The role is based in one of our European offices and some long-haul travel (2-4 times per year) is expected to visit other offices or customers The Software Lead will have an excellent opportunity to advance their career with a leading multinational and choice employer in the region.
Software Lead, Audio Processing, C, C++, Objective C, Mobile, Masters, software ,Python
Please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Software Lead role to Laura Guiney via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues..