Software Engineer Role - Limerick
Reporting into one of our technical leads, this will be a hands-on software delivery role within an agile team working in a highly collaborative manner with our technical leads, architects, business analysts and scrum masters. You will be responsible for converting customer requirements into high-quality code. Your communication and people skills will need to be superb. If you are passionate about using best-in-class practices to produce high-quality code, then you are the right person for this job.
- Actively contribute to an agile mindset and a positive working environment within the team.
- Actively participate in the creation of high quality software within agreed project deadlines.
- Actively contribute to high standards of code quality personally and within the team by utilising and contributing to best-in-class development practices and habits.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to "getting things done", accountability & ownership and the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- Collaborate effectively with our business analysts, scrum masters and technical leads to assist in the planning, designing, development, testing, and maintenance of our client's web-based applications.
- Development of client application features with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Providing realistic estimates of development effort to assist in team planning.
- Assisting with the production of solution design documentation in line with company standards.
- Participate actively and contribute to peer-to-peer code reviews.
- Perform 3rd line support diagnosing and resolving technical engineering issues, as required.
- Provide assistance to quality engineers and support personnel as needed to troubleshoot production issues.
- Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage; Mobile, Augmented Reality (HoloLens), Virtual Reality, IoT, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Data Warehousing.
- Experience (3+ years) with object-oriented design and implementation techniques such as Test Driven development, Enterprise implementation patterns and SOLID principles.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and application optimization.
- Exposure to building and managing distributed web systems.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/delivery environments.
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban) and automated testing.
- Database design and implementation on both relational and non-relational platforms.
* Willingness to travel, if required
If you would like to learn more about this role, contact Shannon on 086 7839455.