Our client is regarded as one of Europes fastest growing comapnies, a company who value teamwork, innovation and people who go the extra mile. There is a great opportunity for a mid-level Software Engineer to join thier rapidly expanding engineering group, to work with an industry leader in their secotr, and play a pivotal role in this exciting phase of the company's continuing growth.
- 4+ years commercial software experience
- Solid knowledge and understanding of API development, standards and best practises.
- Experience delivering back-end services to production in a cloud-hosted environment (e.g. Azure/AWS)
- Experience with Service/Daemon development (ideally C/C++) on Windows and/or Linux is a major advantage
- Proficiency with modern software development tooling and methodologies (e.g. version control with GIT, workflow management with Jira/VSTS or similar)
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practises (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience working in an Agile team, with embedded QA, Design and Product Owner
- Self-starter, with willingness to take ownership of end-to-end delivery
- Excellent communication skills, and critically, superb attention to detail is a must
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- Practical experience with installation/package management on Windows/Linux is a bonus.
- Hands-on experience with NodeJS in production is also a plus.
- Familiarity with Single Page Application (SPA) development and/or ES6 and front-end development frameworks - e.g. AngularJS
- Familiarity with fundamental design principles and designing for scale (e.g. DDD, Microservices, Orchestration etc.)