Social Worker Team Leader
Are you a Senior Social Worker looking to enhance your career to become a team leader? This is the perfect opportunity for you. We have a very exciting opportunity for a Social Worker Team Leader to join a multidisciplinary Child and Adult Mental Health team in Clonmel.
This is a fulltime position, a fixed term contract with the opportunity of becoming Permanent in early 2020.
Details of the Service:
My client provides an assessment and treatment service for those with suspected and enduring mental illness or those with ADHD. Population is approximately 50,000. This is a developing multidisciplinary team as per 'Vision for Change'. The team's clinical lead is the Consultant Psychiatrist. The client group served is children up to age 18 years of age with suspected and enduring mental illness who attend CAMHS.
As part of the multidisciplinary service, the person appointed will have scope to develop professional interventions involving therapeutic engagements with children and families to ensure that children's needs are met and opportunities for wellbeing are optimised. There will be scope to develop partnerships with community services as appropriate.
The Social Worker Team Leader will:
- Be responsible for the management of the day-to-day provision of the social work service in conjunction with the Principal Social Worker.
- Take direct responsibility for a defined caseload as required / directed by the Principal Social Worker, in particular cases that require a high level of experience and expertise.
- Manage/ provide an initial assessment service to relevant/ all care groups and to develop referral procedures with other social work networked services
- Ensure the implementation of models of best practice / evidence based practice.
- Provide leadership and motivation in order to optimise service delivery by developing teams and promoting change management.
- Be responsible for the probationary appraisal of staff and the completion of probationary appraisal reports as required. Make appropriate recommendations regarding whether employees' standard of work during probation is satisfactory and whether appointments should be confirmed.
- Ensure compliance with and implement HR policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Manage a budget as defined by the Principal Social Worker, if appropriate
- Contribute to a range of reports including annual reports, performance indicators etc. as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policy, information sharing protocols, audit systems and referral and integrated care pathways
- Contribute to service plan process by recognising and replicating successful interventions and by identifying unmet needs and service requirements into the future.
I am looking for the following Profile:
- Must be registered in the Social Work Register maintained by the Social Work Registration Board at CORU.
- Have three years relevant post qualification experience.
- Demonstrate depth and breadth of experience working directly with children and families as relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate sufficient clinical and professional knowledge to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrate the ability to work directly with children and families within a multidisciplinary context to effect positive outcomes in line with individual care plan
- Have a working knowledge of the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) Standards as they apply to the role for example, Standards for Healthcare, National Standards for the Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections, Hygiene Standards etc.
Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
If you have sufficient experience working with Child and Adult Mental Health and are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527 for more information.