Social Media Specialist
Social Media Specialist / Expert
Dublin (Remote Working - view to 1 or 2 days in the office when allowed)
12 Month Contract - view to extension.
Salary: €60,000 - €70,000
The successful candidate will have a solid 3+ years experience working as a Social Media Specialist in addition to strong knowledge of digital marketing.
Social Media Specialist will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of the Social Media marketing strategy. Working closely with the Marketing and wider Customer Experience team, the successful candidate will help deliver easily accessible and consistent customer experience across social media channels in line with the business plan.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience managing a range of public sector social media channels, using content management tools and have a proven track record delivering multiple projects on schedule, on budget and with no errors.
Social media platforms currently used by the company and its associated brands include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Instagram.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Setting up and optimising company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company social content
- Moderating all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
- Regularly updating the Social media policy, as required, and communicating any changes to the wider team
- Reviewing and updating profile wording on a regular basis
- Setting up new social media accounts as required by the Authority from time to time
- Managing the granting and revocation of access to social media platforms
- Providing comprehensive analytics on social media performance, including social listening reports
- Presenting data to internal and external stakeholders, as required
- Creating and implementing of a wide-ranging content schedule for multiple social media platforms across the organisation
- Defining the most important KPIs
- Liaising with multiple teams to develop the Social Media strategy, working with designers, writing copy, and managing social communities
- Monitoring site metrics
- Collaborating with internal and external departments to manage reputation, identifying key announcements and coordinating actions
- Researching opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt current process to fit client needs
- Monitoring of social media channels out of hours and at weekends for time to time, in exceptional circumstances.
- Grow the user base of social media channels
- 3+years working as a Social Media Specialist or Social Media Manager or equivalent within a (B2C) public facing company or body
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knowledge of web design, web development and SEO
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Excellent command of the English language
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Digital Marketing, Communications, Marketing, Business, New Media or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practices
- In-depth understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Familiarity with accessibility requirements for social posts (use of alt-text for images etc.)