Social Care Worker Part time
Are you a Social Care Worker with proven experience managing adults with severe Challenging behaviours? FRS Recruitment are seeking energetic Social Care Workers to join a Residential care team based in North Cork.
This is a part time position working Monday-Friday 9am-2.30pm only. There are no sleep overs or weekend work with this position.
A 6-month contract, starting immediately, please note that my client is a growing organisation with vacancies across north Cork.
*Contract would become permanent for the right candidate*
In your role you will act as the support and care worker to people in the house, working towards achieving better outcomes for young with challenging behaviours. You will rotate within two units on a monthly basis throughout a month's period.
Reporting to a Social Care Leader, all applicants must have the following;
- Possess a HETAC Accredited Diploma/Degree in Applied Social Studies/Social Care or a Qualification in Nursing (RNID) or Social Work (Degree)
- A full manual driving licence is essential
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Social Care Worker working within a residential unit, working with adults with challenging behaviours
- Ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients
Fluent English (both written and verbal) and excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Experience of using alternative communication methods is essential
- Flexible to rotate between 2 Residential units.
Candidates must have all the following training certificates in order to start work: National Safeguarding Training, Manual Handling, Fire Safety, HSE Hand Hygiene/ breaking the chain of infection, MAPA and HSE Land an introduction to children's first.
- Attractive salary/ Paid while you attend fun activities and outings
- Company Social Events/Cycle to Work Scheme/Yoga/Fitness classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training - mandatory & external
- Paid Maternity leave
If you are interested in discussing this part time role in more detail, please contact Charlene Cooke, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527