Social Care Worker
Are you a competent, motivated Social Care Worker who has experience working in the disability field? Are you passionate about providing high quality care and have you proven ability to encourage, inspire and supports others?
FRS are delighted to be recruiting a driven Social Care Worker who will be based in Kilkenny within a supportive team, in a well-established organisation that supports individuals with disabilities.
My client is well known in the community and are passionate about acknowledging every person's right to equality and self-determination and encourage participation in decision-making in work, social, cultural, spiritual, and home life.
If you have experience in ID, good communication and interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering high quality care, I want to hear from you!
This is a full time permanent position.
Main duties of the Social Care Worker:
- Foster, encourage and develop the self-help and social skills of each person so as to achieve the highest possible degree of personal autonomy.
- Ensure that all behaviour support plans that are put in place by the Multidisciplinary Team are carried out and adhered to.
- Facilitate individuals to actively participate and integrate into the community.
- Take the lead in developing and implementing person centred plans for those individuals for whom you act as key worker and ensure that the needs identified are appropriately addressed.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- A minimum Level 7 on the QQI Framework - BA in Social Care Studies or equivalent relevant qualification in Health or Social Care.
- 2 years' experience of working with vulnerable adults or adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of HIQA and safeguarding requirements including Trust in Care, and Children's First.
- Effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills including skills in multi-disciplinary working and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, families, etc.
- Hold a full Drivers Licence.
Take the next step in your career today!
Looking to return home to Ireland to work? Here at FRS Recruitment, we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
FRS recruitment are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact: If you have experience working with ID and are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Isabel Gough, Recruitment Coordinator, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: 0861449043