Social Care Worker
Are you a Qualified Social Care Worker looking to join a dynamic, supportive, person centred organisation?
Would you like to join an organisation who are dedicated to helping adults with special needs achieve their best life?
I am delighted to be recruiting Social Care Workers to join a well established Residential care team + day service in Kilkenny.
These are Permanent Full time Positions 40 hours per week over a 7-day period with a sleep over.
- Qualification third level degree in Social Care Work/ Social Care Leader or relevant field
- A full manual driving licence is essential
- Experience of providing support to people with complex needs or challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with adults on the autistic spectrum
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Social Care Worker working within a residential setting
- Health and Safety experience within a residential setting
- Previous experience carrying out housework tasks, such as cleaning, cooking, laundry etc
- Ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients
Fluent English (both written and verbal) and excellent communication and report writing skills
- Have an ability to plan, organise and prioritise workloads.
- Experience of record-keeping such as day notes, medical records, personal financial data, and using IT to support management systems.
- Have a comprehensive ability to communicate, liaise and co-ordinate with other professionals, family, colleagues, and other agencies, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and have experience of working with people with learning disabilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the HIQA quality standards and the relevant regulatory framework.
- Excellent knowledge of best practice in personalised care and welfare support.
- Knowledge of food hygiene/manual handling/health & safety standards and practices.
- Attractive salary including full hourly rate for overnights
- A rostering system focused on ensuring a work/life balance
- Paid while you attend fun activities and outings
- Company Social Events/Cycle to Work Scheme/Person Centred Workplace/Fun work Environment
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
We are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail, please contact Charlene Cooke, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527