Social Care Worker
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Social Care Worker - if you are looking for a new an exciting post in the area of intellectual disability. You will be supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Difficulties. Based in various residential locations and reporting to an assistant residential manager this is a permanent role.
2 x 39 hour per week and will involve shift evening, overnight and weekend work on a rota
* Work as part of the team with the line manager in ensuring that service objectives are met and reviewed so as to maintain, improve and develop the service.
* To manage risk in a systematic way that is embedded in a culture of safety, welfare and quality of life for residents.
* Supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Difficulties, ensuring that they achieve their full potential.
* Assisting with intimate care.
* Liaising appropriately with service users, their network of support, family members and other professionals where applicable, to ensure consistent planning.
* Working in partnership with colleagues and management to establish, maintain and monitor standards of performance for all aspects of the service, including service user involvement and consultation.
* Facilitation and support of individual programmes of meaningful activities.
* Supporting service users with regular exercise and outdoor activities.
* Role as a Key Worker.
Education & Training:
* Degree in Social Care, Social Studies, Nursing, Youth and Community Studies, Psychology or Social Work or other relevant qualification at degree level.
* Experience supporting individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability is a distinct advantage.
* Experience in delivering low arousal approaches in a person centered environment.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Awareness of key worker role & philosophy of supporting people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities.
* Knowledge of Health Act 2007, HIQA and National Standards.
* Excellent communication skills with proven ability to develop positive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in particular service users.
* Computer literacy
Competencies and Values:
* Human Rights Based Approach.
* Resilience, Positive Attitude & Openness to Change.
* Effective Communication & Working Relationships.
* Planning and Organising.
* Innovation, Creativity & Problem Solving.
* Full Driving Licence is essential.