Social Care Leader (CAMHS)
Calling all Social Care Workers on behalf of a Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service located in County Louth.
Are you a Social Care Leader who truly enjoys helping young children and their families to enjoy life with dignity and respect?
I am truly honoured to be supporting my client to recruit a Social Care leader to join a well established multidisciplinary team in Drogheda, to support and provide assessment and intervention with young people and their families.
This Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service provides assessment and intervention to children and adolescents (up to 18 years) and their families, where the young person is presenting with Mental Health difficulties.
The service is provided by a multidisciplinary team led by a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. Other disciplines include nursing, psychology, social work, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and social care.
Contract duration This is a fulltime 1year contract position, that requires an immediate start. The standard working week applying to the post is to be confirmed at Job Offer stage.
The Social Care Leader will
- Work as part of multidisciplinary team providing assessment and intervention with young people and their families.
- Liaise with other relevant statutory and voluntary services.
- Treat children/young people and their families with dignity and respect, promoting a culture of unconditional positive regard at all times.
- Ensure clinical records are properly and accurately maintained and that appropriate statistical information is provided.
- Seek the advice of relevant personnel as required.
- Take an active role in supervision in accordance with the local/national supervision policy.
- Provide supervision to Social Care Worker staff as appropriate.
- Contribute to the promotion, creation and maintenance of a welcoming, safe, caring, stable and therapeutic environment.
- Plan, implement and evaluate care plans, as part of a multi-disciplinary team, ensuring the written and verbal reporting of general and individual treatment programmes
- Bachelor's Degree in Childcare awarded by a recognised body (Level 7) or Bachelor's Degree in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by a recognised body(Level 7 on the National Framework of Qualifications) or the National Diploma in Applied Social Care Studies awarded by HETAC / DIT
- Min of 3 years experience working with children and young people in crisis
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the root causes of challenging behaviour and how best to respond to same.
- Demonstrate sufficient awareness of policy, legislative and professional requirements to ensure an appropriate standard of service delivery (e.g. a working knowledge of the Children First Guidelines and HIQA standards and requirements as related to the function of the role).
- Demonstrate ability to facilitate play and enhance child development socialisation skills.
- Demonstrate awareness and appreciation of the service user as expert through experience including promoting the involvement of the service user in care planning, decision-making and service development as appropriate.
- Demonstrate evidence of effective planning and organising skills including awareness of resource management and importance of value for money.
FRS Recruitment: Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please send your updated CV to Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment, Mobile: +353(0)86 0227527.